Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, thursday, thursday..

Oh what a week..  This has been a really difficult week for me. I'm in the 2WW after our second IUI (9dpiui). DH has been working at the factory in Greensboro which means he has our one vehicle and I am stuck at home. This means I have plenty of hours to obsess and google and wonder whether or not this cycle will be a positive one. My gut feeling is that it won't be. I have already started researching IVF clinics.

I have found several clinics in the area and even some that are doing clinical trials. One offers $3000 off the full price of IVF which is pretty good.  I don't know why I'm already thinking about IVF.. From what we've discussed, we'll try as many IUI's as the doctor will let us. DH's sperm count was great last time and I respond well enough to a low dosage of femara. We should be able to do several IUI's before moving on.  I just don't know how to deal with this anymore

At least last year I had my school to distract me. Now it's March and I'm finding myself just twiddling my thumbs, waiting to find out what's going to happen. I started planning our vow renewal to take place later this year, but since we started fertility treatments, it's been the last thing on my mind. I just want to be a mother so badly. I've been picturing myself being pregnant for the first time in a long time. It doesn't seem so far fetched anymore.

Well I've been praying and sleeping and trying to be healthy. I think I will try acupuncture next cycle along with another IUI. I hope this will be our last treatment, but I'm realistic. Just trying to get through this week..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna!
    I just saw your comment :) Thank you so much for following our journey. I love your blog, btw! Very cute!
    I knew that our first IUI didn't work too, not really sure how I knew, I just did. I'm so excited to hear what your results are for this IUI! Hopefully, both of us will get our BFP this time!!! How awesome will that be?
    I also thinking about IVF already too. I think I just know that it's an option, so I'm like, oh well, I guess I might as well prepare my heart for it (and our bank account!!!) Even though there's no way we could pay out of pocket for it. AH!
    We have one more cycle with clomid/IUI and then we will do three rounds IUI with injections. I do not know what type of injections we will do, but I guess I'll know once we get there. Do you think y'all will do injections? How did femara work for you? I've only done clomid.
    I have found such comfort reading blogs of other women going through infertility. It has literally changed my attitude and is helping me cope with it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again!

      Yay for replies!! :) And thanks for the blog compliments. I'm attempting to make it fancier but I'm not incredibly blog savvy. haha

      So that's great that y'all already have a plan for injectables. We just started talking about how many IUI's we'd be willing to do before moving to IVF. It's also not really an option for us now (at least not for a year or so) but I've been doing a ton of research into clinical trials and overseas IVF.

      But your comment got me thinking - did you have that plan formed with your RE or did you and your husband just decide on the injectables on your own? I only ask because my RE doesn't seem very involved in our process. After my last IUI all he said was, "do you know where you want to deliver your baby?" DH and I looked at each other like.. well that was a bit presumptuous. lol

      And I'd say Femara has worked better for me than clomid. My response was about the same, but it's easier on my lining and I didn't notice as many side effects. But I'm pretty sure this cycle is a bust. :( My temp dropped yesterday.. I guess we'll see. Still praying for you tho!! 1 out of 2's not bad! ;)

      Delete